Conscious Capitalism is a way of thinking about capitalism and business that better reflects where we are in the human journey, the state of our world today, and the innate potential of business to make a positive impact on the world. Conscious businesses are galvanized by higher purposes that serve, align, and integrate the interests of all their major stakeholders.
In this episode of On Books I discuss Conscious Capitalism, the book, the movement and the publishing company with Corey Blake.
Corey is the publisher of Conscious Capitalism Press, the founder and CEO of Round Table Companies (RTC), and a speaker, artist, and storyteller. He previously starred in one of the 50 greatest Superbowl commercials of all time (Mountain Dew, Bohemian Rhapsody), has won 15 independent publishing awards, and has been featured on the cover of the Wall Street Journal and in the New York Times, USA Today, Inc. Magazine, Forbes, and Wired.
Links from this Episode
- Conscious Capitalism — Whole Foods Market cofounder John Mackey and professor and Conscious Capitalism, Inc. cofounder Raj Sisodia argue that both business and capitalism are inherently good, and they use some of today’s best-known and most successful companies to illustrate their point. From Southwest Airlines, UPS, and Tata to Costco, Panera, Google, the Container Store, and Amazon, today’s organizations are creating value for all stakeholders—including customers, employees, suppliers, investors, society, and the environment.
- From the Barrio to the Board Room – Today Robert Renteria is a successful business owner and civic leader, but he grew up as an infant sleeping in a dresser drawer. This poignant and often hard-hitting memoir traces Robert’s life from a childhood of poverty and abuse in one of the poorest areas of East Los Angeles, to his proud emergence as a business owner today.
- Giftology — Radical generosity is the against-the-grain secret weapon of real influencers, and it will allow you to boost referrals, retention rates, and ROI like few other strategies. But be warned, gifts with strings attached backfire. There is a right, and wrong, way to give…
- Great Leaders Grow — What is the secret to lasting as a leader? In the words of Ken Blanchard and Mark Miller, “Our capacity to grow determines our capacity to lead.” Leadership must be a living process, and life means growth.
- Necessary Endings — Henry Cloud, the bestselling author of Integrity and The One-Life Solution, offers this mindset-altering method for proactively correcting the bad and the broken in our businesses and our lives. Cloud challenges readers to achieve the personal and professional growth they both desire and deserve—and gives crucial insight on how to make those tough decisions that are standing in the way of a more successful business and, ultimately, a better life.
- RoundTable Press — In the spirit of collaboration that our name suggests, Roundtable Press, Inc. develops high-quality editorial and design for general trade, direct response, and continuity publishers, magazines, professional associations, corporations, and web sites. Every project is tailored to the specific requirements of the subject and to the needs of the client. Since 1981 we have been working with a broad spectrum of clients, both large and small, to create books and other merchandise of superior editorial quality in handsomely designed formats, ranging from mass-market paperbacks to luxurious gift books.